Eternal Beast - Laura Wright

The Characters:

Grey Donahue:
Dillon:

The Story:

I’m having a tough time with this one. I feel like it must have been very interconnected with book 3 but I read that back in 2013 so I remember nothing. So that aside I’ll try to stick to what I know from this story alone. The Order are jerks (mild word choice) who want to subdue the impures and annihilate the mutori. Well guess what Gray and Dillon are. Gray is not only an impure but the leader of the resistance. Dillon is one of the few mutori who have lived to maturity under the unscrupulous rule of Cruelen (this is probably spelled very wrong).

So now we have Gray fighting the order, Dillon and Gray fighting their feelings for each other. Dillon, and her brothers, struggling to hide their existence from the order. Oh and Dillon has a problem with shifting. She gets stuck as a jaguar at least twice in the book. It’s a lot and that’s to say nothing of any additional characters.

The story leaves us in a place where I want to read the next book. Hopefully it won’t take me 5 years to do so.

The Random Thoughts: