Shadow Rider (The Shadow Series) - Christine Feehan

The Characters:

Francesca Cappello:
Stefano Ferraro:

The Story:

In the Why Did I Read this section I said I can’t let go of Christine Feehan and I should explain. Every book I’ve read in the past two years I say needs to be about 100 pages less. Shadow Rider is no exception. Though I think Feehan is a an awesome story teller who gives beautiful details about her characters and their surrounding areas (especially in the Leopard Series), she is now infamous for being repetitive. Really if Francesca said how beautiful she thought Stefano was one more time I was going to reach in the book and smack her.

Now that I got that off my chest let’s talk about what I liked. Super powerful, rich family that’s close and takes care of each other. Love it. Dispenser of justice to those who can not fight for themselves. Love it. Steaming hot couple who care deeply for each other. Yep, love it too. (I can ignore the instalove but just a warning). Crazy, maniac after our heroine, not original but I liked the author’s twist on him.

The climax of the books was good but also totally expected and What I really love is the set up for Nicoletta and Taviano and I’m disappointed that their book is not next. I will definitely be continuing the series however I hope I can get the audio versions as I think fair better with this particular author’s brand of storytelling.

Overall I enjoyed the broad strokes of the story.

The Random Thoughts: