Stillhouse Lake - Rachel Caine
Stillhouse Lake, Book 1

I Picked Up This Book Because: I’m a fan of Rachel’s Morganville Vampires series so I had to explore what she writes outside of the series.

The Characters:

Gwen Proctor a.k.a. Gina Royal:
Lanny Proctor, Connor Proctor, Javier Esparza, Sam Cade, Kezia Claremont, Melvin “Mel” Royal, Lancel Graham

The Story:

When you are the left behind family of a convicted serial murderer what becomes of your life? For Gwen and her kids it’s a special kind of hell. First blindsided by their family patriarch's crimes then arrested, harassed and always ready to run in fear of retaliation. (view spoiler)

Gwen has strength that I could not imagine. I would have broken down and given up so many times if I was her. I don’t even know what to say to adequately sum her up. THere aren’t words for the extent of a mother’s love I guess. This a battered and broken family that deserves so much more than what they’ve been given to deal with.

I can’t even wrap my head around Mel and Lancel. I’ll just leave that rant for any poor unsuspecting person who ask me about the last good book I’ve read.

This story ended on a cliffhanger but we do get closure for this first book. I still have a billion questions but I guess I will just have to wait for book two.

The Random Thoughts: