I Can't Make This Up: Life Lessons - Kevin Hart, Neil Strauss
I Picked Up This Book Because: Kevin Hart wrote it. You dog on right I’m going to read it.

This book depicts the beginnings of Kevin Hart. From short kid with zero free time, thanks to his mom’s determination to keep him off the streets, to the superstar funny man we all know and love today. It wasn’t an easy trip and his success didn’t happen overnight but it is so inspiring. Kevin has a drive and determination that so few people have. His ability to shrug off the negative, the rejections, the setbacks have surely served him well.

The book covers his personal life also. From growing up with a semi estranged dad who was on drugs to his mother’s protectiveness to his relationship with his ex-wife and the beginnings of his relationship with his current wife. I love the way he speaks of his children and how he wants them to know that they have because of his hustle and they will need to develop their own once they are adults.

I feel like this book is perfect for anyone who is ready to chase their dream. Who needs motivation and encouragement to keep going even with the plan is not working as you thought it would.

The Random Thoughts:

I would have loved to listen to this in audiobook form. If Kevin narrates it's going to be amazingly funny.

The Score Card: