Hamilton: The Revolution - Jeremy McCarter, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Mariska Hargitay
The Story:

I have recently become OBSESSED, I repeat, obsessssssed with this show. I listen to the sound track daily and most days more than once. I am counting the days til the show hits the road and perhaps then I’ll have a chance to see it. This narrative give so much incite into the songs, the choices in casting (the original company) and so much more. Mariska Hargitay, narrator, brought to life the thoughts and musings of Lin, Jeremy and their other collaborators flawlessly. I will say that I was a bit disappointed that Lin was not more a part of the narration. I thought he would be tag teaming with Mariska.

The Random Thoughts:

Oh, the pdf has beautiful pictures of the cast and lyrics with annotations from Lin on it. It puts me of the mind to purchase a hardback copy as it would make a wonderful coffee table book. (Not that I’d ever let anyone touch it.)

I would have finished the book sooner however when a chapter that describe a motivation or details about a song finished (most chapters) I felt the need to immediately go listen to the song again so I could connect the words with the music.

4.5 Stars