Wildflower - -Penguin Audio-, Drew Barrymore, Drew Barrymore
Drew’s reading is energized and animated and so genuinely heartfelt. At one point, when speaking about her youngest daughter and mother, you could hear her break down a bit and I shed a few tears right along with her. This book is not written in chronological order but as a collection of stories and experiences that Drew feels she needs to share with the world. So far my favorite chapters have been “Adam” “Taurus” and the ones when she talks about her friendships with Cameron and Nan (I can’t remember the titles). I probably gravitate to those two because I also depend on my friends for so much. I love that she has not only made these close relationships but have turned them into a a life which seems fulfilling and abundant in joy.

I did not know much about Drew going into this. I knew she struggled as a teen and a young adult but hearing it in her own words and what she was thinking during different times in her life is so thought provoking and inspiring. I think sometimes we forget that celebrities are just people trying to make a life for themselves. They have ups and downs, triumphs and defeats, good days and bad days just like everyone else. Drew is the latest in a series of memoirs I’ve been listening to by various celebrities and I have to say I think this one will stick with me for a very long time.

4 Stars