Seventh Grave and No Body - Darynda Jones
The Characters

Charley, Reyes, Cookie, Amber, Osh (The Dealer), Uncle Bob, Gemma and other various cast and ghost. The gang’s all here and ready for another fight.

The Story

This time I think Charley has finally bitten off more than she can chew. Yes she can find missing bodies from a graveyard and solve a murder with her unflappable sidekick/assistant Cookie but this time the celestial beings dogging her have the upper hand. The Twelve have found their way to earth and they are out for blood. Charley’s blood specifically. While the other storylines are entertaining distractions this is where the meat of our story lives. There’s lots of danger, peril and some kick-ass fight scenes in this installment but Charley handles it all with her usual strange sense of humor and unique charm.

The thing I love about this series is even though Ms Jones writes with undeniable humor, she also gives us characters with a lot of heart. I love and feel for everyone of them. I laugh, cry, mourn and celebrate through every up and down they experience. From Charley and Reyes all the way down to Osh, Amber and Quinton Ms Jones has made me love them all.

The Random Thoughts