The Queen of Zombie Hearts - Gena Showalter

The Characters

If there were ever a book hero I wish could be brought to real life it would be Cole Holland. My goodness, he really knows how to treat his woman. He is stubborn and totally alpha male but he knows balance and when he needs to let go/give in. It might take him a while to admit he knows it but he always comes around.

Same goes with Kat. She is so awesome, I’ve loved her since book one. Her complete confidence in herself is enviable.

What can I say that I haven’t about Ali? Nothing, she still great. She’s very strong. She balances more than most on her shoulders and still manages to not let a complicate life break her. She handles situations with style and as much grace as possible (lol), even when she’s in a killing rage.

The Story

This was an excellent addition to the White Rabbit Chronicles. There is a lot of loss and tragedy in the story but I feel like we finally have some closure with Anima. (Have I ever mentioned I hate this company’s name?) But like most villainous organizations when you take down one leader there is another waiting in the shadows to take over. So even though we have closure it wouldn’t be impossible to believe that another story could rise out of the ashes. Ms Showalter certainly proves she knows how to write a twist and drop a bomb on her characters (sometimes literally).

I laughed, I cried, I was angry, I was happy and I loved every moment.

The Random Thoughts

One of my favorite quotes (Cole has so many): ”I’ve realized hate… and even love… are more than emotions, more than words. They are choices.” -Cole Holland

4 Stars